Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thank you, Pandora's Key, The Key to Tartarus, and a small step...

Hi Everyone,

THANK YOU for being so supportive of the new cover for Pandora's Key.  The feedback has been resoundingly positive and I'm relieved and super happy:-)  I feel like the new cover really reflects the feel of Evangeline's journey and every time I see it, I can't believe it's my book!

I've just finished my first run-through of the edits my FABULOUS editor Emma Dryden did for The Key to Tartarus, Book Two in The Key Trilogy.  WOW!  Emma is amazing and I'm so excited because the idea of writing a mediocre second book is HORRIFYING and I can say now that The Key to Tartarus is (in my opinion) shaping up to be super cool!  There's more adventure--more romance--more at stake (believe it or not!) this time around.  And the best part is that I can't stop thinking about Book Three and how I'm going to do the trilogy and Evangeline justice.

On to, "a small step."  So I entered the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest.  Amazon accepts 5,000 entrants in General Fiction and 5,000 entrants in Young Adult Fiction.  The first cuts were just announced and I made it to the next round.  That means I'm one of a thousand entrants in my category.  Doesn't seem like much, but we authors take validation anywhere we can get it!

Anyway, next Amazon will winnow the entrants down to 250 based on judges reading an excerpt of the book.  On March 20th Amazon posts the quarter-finalists' excerpts online (www.amazon.com/abna).  After that it's up to Publishers Weekly to rate and review each manuscript.

Whew, that's a lot of hurdles to get past!!  Once the top 50 are chosen, Penguin has a judging panel and they'll decide who wins:-)  I'm not expecting to win (though I want to win, I do, I do!) but I'd really like to move farther in the competition.  And the reason I think I can is because of all of YOU who love Pandora's Key and give me a shot on confidence every day.

YOU make me want to keep writing.  YOU make my day when you write a note on my Facebook Fanpage, give me a 5 star review on Amazon and Goodreads, or Skype with me about Pandora's Key and share your thoughts.

THANK YOU!!!

xo
nan

1 comment: