Monday, November 28, 2011

Rolling...

Someone told me that launching a book is like creating a tiny snowball and starting it rolling...

The advertising and blog campaign, on sites like Perez Hilton, has begun.  I have my fingers crossed that the forecast is for snow, the temperatures remain stable, and that my little snowball gains momentum.  I don't just want people to buy PANDORA'S KEY and give it FIVE STARS and a GREAT REVIEW on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords (iPad), I want them to love (LOVE) the story and Evangeline!

In the meantime, I'm working on THE KEY TO TARTARUS, Book II in The Key Trilogy.  I'm editing my fourth draft, getting it ready for my editor, Emma Dryden, to read, critique and hopefully help me make it super compelling.

So far I like where the story is going!  Even though sometimes, no matter how loud I yell, Evangeline turns left instead of right and gets herself into some pretty twisted situations - deadly situations.  I guess she has to learn for herself, right?  But there's a lot at stake in the second book and I just hope E comes out alright.

Hard to believe I don't know if E is going to be okay?  I'm the writer, right?  Yes and no.  Evangeline, Malledy, Raphe, Olivia, Tim Sullivan - they're my characters, but they're also living in their own world and things happen in that world that I can't always control.  My characters surprise me, they influence my writing, and sometimes, even when I disagree, they get their way.  Right now, in fact, they're calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment